Sunday 13 April 2014

Excess All Areas Review

Excess All Areas
Excess All Areas by Mandy Baggot




Synopsis

When the going gets tough Freya Johnson gets going!

Humiliated by her boyfriend the day she turns thirty, Freya boards a last minute flight to Corfu to visit her best friend Emma. Little does she know - this holiday will change her life forever.

Enter Hollywood film star Nicholas Kaden whose entourage is stirring up the village of Kassiopi while filming his new movie. He’s hot, he’s unexpectedly different, but is he for real?

Caught up in a media frenzy, feeling unwelcome and uncomfortable in Nicholas’ movie world, Freya battles with the ghosts of her past and the uncertainty of her future. Can she help Emma, keep her own big secret and find out what Nicholas is hiding, before she feels the urge to run away again?




Lisa's Review - 5 out of 5 stars

I have lost count now of how many of Mandy's books I have read, but I am yet to pick one up that disappoints! Mandy is the Queen of Romance - and especially when it comes to writing those hot male characters!
Freya is a large girl, and on her 30th birthday she is left humiliated by her boyfriend. Rather than stick around, she flees and jumps straight on to a plane to Corfu and to the one person in her life she can really depend on, her best friend, Emma.
In Corfu, a movie is being filmed, and its star, Nicholas Kaden takes a shine to Freya. After overhearing a horrible conversation, Freya is less than impressed, but Nicholas isn't like his idiotic co-stars, and the two start dating. But Freya's past comes back to haunt her and rips it all apart.

I really loved Freya, and could relate to her hugely. By the time this review goes out I will have been 30 for a week, and I am a big girl who enjoys her food. too! Sadly I don't have a hunky film star chasing after me, but still, I related to the character, which made me enjoy the story that little bit more!!
Yet again Mandy hits the big time with her delicious leading man, and of course he is gorgeous, and everything a man should be! I loved the fact that Nicholas managed to confide in Freya about his past and turn it into a positive.
The twist into Freya's history was great and gave the story a really good edge, and made the book that little bit more enjoyable.
I can't wait to get my teeth into the next book in Freya's life and see how she fits into Nicholas's world!

Links

Goodreads    Mandy Baggot 

Purchase Links

Amazon UK    Amazon.com   B&N


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.