Wednesday 7 May 2014

ARC Review: Closing In by Sue Fortin

Closing In
Helen has had to leave everything she’s ever known behind; her home, her family, even her own name.
Now, returning to the UK as Ellen Newman, she moves to a small coastal village, working as a nanny for Donovan, a criminal psychologist. Attractive, caring and protective, this single father and his sweet daughter are a world away from Ellen’s brutal past. She thinks she’s escaped. She thinks she’s safe.
But Ellen can’t shake the feeling that something’s wrong.
Strange incidents begin to plague her new family, and their house of calm is about to become one of suspicion and fear. Who can be trusted? Who is the target? Who is closing in?

Shona's review 5 of 5 stars

This is the first book by +Sue Fortin  that I have read and I chose this book based on the synopsis alone. There was just something about it that made me want to find out more about Ellen, who was she running from? Why? And from the very first few pages I felt a strange connection to her, like I needed to carry on reading her story. If this standard for Fortin's writing then I really have to read more of her work.

This was such an easy book to fall into, one that I really struggled to put down. Honestly, I fought sleep so that I could read just one more chapter, which ultimately turned into two and then three...  On the surface this book sounds like it's an easy one to figure out, but Fortin has created characters that just aren't black and white. On more than one occasion I was sure I knew who was doing things and why only to be proven wrong. This book will have you second guessing everything.. but not to the point where you find yourself rolling your eyes at yet another plot twist.

Closing In has just the right amount of almost everything, mystery, crime, action, romance.... My only complaint was the sexy scenes where lacking in the descriptive. But in truth there was nothing anywhere to suggest that they should be descriptive. And although I was a little disappointed in one or two scenes I can honestly say it doesn't affect the overall dynamic of the story.

Book Links

Available to preorder, expected publication date is 15th May 2014

Follower Links

Facebook  /  Twitter  /  Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.