Saturday 28 June 2014

Missing Review

MissingMissing by Shelley MacKenney

Missing is the extraordinary story of the life of Shelley MacKenney, what happened when she decided one day to leave all she knew and her life and run away to a refuge. She story follows Shelley through all the twists and turns life throw at you.



Claire's Review 5 of 5 Stars

Firstly a big thank you for Penguin for providing me with a review copy of missing in return for an honest review.

This book was so amazing, its actually hard to put into words. It bought out so many emotions, I felt myself smiling and crying at different points. I also found the book very hard to put down as even though I knew this was a true story I kept turning the page hoping for something good to fall into Shelley's lap and for her to have her 'happy ever after', Of course real life never has the same happy ending as fiction, but I think Shelley found her version of a happy ending.

The book is very well written and keeps you glued to it, in fact I devoured this book within 2 sittings, (would have been 1 had sleep not interfered). If you enjoy real life stories, I cannot recommend this enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.