Friday 20 June 2014

The day before 9/11 Review

The Day Before 9/11
The Day Before 9/11 by Tucker Elliot




Synopsis

In Korea, a soldier's daughter is jetlagged and lost in her new school. In Germany, a military family welcomes the birth of a second child. In the aftermath of 9/11, both families - dads, moms, and kids - will fight the war on terror.

A harrowing true story that spans America's first decade post-9/11, The Day Before 9/11 portrays in riveting detail the sacrifices made by military families serving overseas and the enduring pain that accompanies the tragic loss of life.




Lisa's Review - 5 out of 5 stars

I love finding a book by complete accident that then turns out to be what I would call a must read book, and that is exactly what I think of The Day Before 9/11.
Unlike a lot of novels based on the events of that horrific day, The Day Before 9/11 is not based at the World Trade Centre, but is told from the view point of people in the military based in other countries, more focused on Elliots own times as a teacher to children whose parents are in the military, events that occurred before, during and after that day in a true story that will unleash a multitude of emotions from the reader. 
A moving, heart breaking and deeply emotive read, made all the more  so by the reading having the knowledge that this is not some tale but one mans true story.
I have to admit that when I came across this book I wasn't sure if I would be able to read it, but I am glad that I did, I found it gripping and difficult to put down even though I spent a lot of that time dabbing at my eyes with a tissue.
I really hope that Sami reads this book and that she and the author manage to reconnect one day. It would be a lovely outcome after the tragic circumstances.


Links

Goodreads      Facebook

Purchase Links

Amazon UK     Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.