Tuesday 16 September 2014

Beta Review: Becoming Death by D.T. DYllin

Becoming Death (The Death Trilogy #3) Samantha’s tired of being the pawn in a game she didn’t realize she was playing. She’s determined to discover the answers she needs to save Austin, and the strength to set them both free. But when all the players are finally revealed, Sam’s left to wonder... Will love conquer all, or will death consume everything in its path?

Shona's review 5 of 5 stars

Recently I've had this problem with reading, I've literally struggled to pick up a book and read it, even books that I am enjoying. This however,  I told myself I would only read for an hour, instead I ended up reading into the wee small hours of the morning until my eyes closed all by themselves. When I woke in the morning my kindle was tucked up in bed beside me. I then spent the rest of the day cursing my real life jobs because all I wanted to do was sit down and disappear into Sam's world. This book will suck you in. In all the right ways.

One of the things I love about this trilogy is that Sam's story is not told in a straight line. The story unfolds with scenes from Sam's here and now, but also with her memories, ones that she remembers and ones that had previously been locked away. There are several aspects of Sam, Austin and Nixon's past that we don't know about until they themselves learn about it. The things you thought you knew about this threesome may not be the truth...

Dyllin does an amazing job of writing not just Sam's side of the story, but Austin and Nixons too and she does it in a way that pulls you directly into the story with them. And not just for one individual, with the switching of POV's you get to see directly into each of them, experiencing the full weight of the shocking revelations as they happen. And perhaps, softening to certain characters as you fully understand what they have gone through. See why they are they way they are.

This trilogy will have you doubting what you just read, doubting what you thought you knew, it will keep you guessing until the very end and even beyond. One thing is for sure, no one can say this trilogy is predictable.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.