Friday 3 October 2014

ARC Review: Ghost Heart by Ripley Patton


Ghost Heart (The PSS Chronicles, #3) In the aftermath of a brutal tragedy, Jason and Passion are on the run. Marcus is lost beyond reach, and The Hold is in shambles. If that weren't enough, Olivia Black has been taken by the CAMFers to be used as Dr. Fineman's personal lab rat in his merciless quest to uncover the mysteries of Psyche Sans Soma once and for all. But only if he can break her.

They are scattered.
They are devastated.
They are ruined.

Their only hope is Olivia's stubborn determination to thwart her captors and unlock the secrets of her ghost hand before Dr. Fineman can. Will she finally find the strength within herself to embrace the full power of her PSS?
And will it even matter if Marcus has already betrayed her?

Shona's review 5 of 5 stars 

For those of you not in the know, this is the 3rd book in the PSS Chronicles. Ghost Hand and Ghost Hold must be read before Ghost Heart.
I remember when the first book in the series arrived on my kindle... I remember how interested I was in reading about this 'Ghost Hand' of Olivia's and I remember that it took me a while to actually read it and I remember kicking myself when I finally got round to it because I loved it. So you would think I would know better than to do the same thing again. Well apparently not. Ghost Heart has been sat loaded on my kindle for... I don't even know how long , and for one reason or another have neglected it. And now that I have devoured it I am kicking myself for not reading it sooner and verbally kicking Patton for that ending. 

The PSS Chronicles is such an original concept that it really stands out from other books in it's genre, but it's Pattons writing that really draws you in to the story. And keeps you there. In Ghost Heart Patton allows the story to unfold from different POV's which allows you to get a much better understanding of some of the characters we've met earlier in the series. And in doing so allows for there to be so much more story told than if she had stuck to just telling the story from Olivia's POV.

There isn't quite as much action in this book as there has been earlier in the series, but there is still so very much going on. We are still in the dark with regards to which side of The Hold/CAMFers line certain characters loyalties lie. And while certain questions are answered we still have many left unanswered... not to mention new questions. *cough* that ending *cough*.

This is proving to be one of my most favourite of series and I cant wait to find out where Olivia's story goes next.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.