Friday 31 October 2014

Evermore Review

Evermore (The Immortals, #1)Evermore by Alyson Noel

The first book in Alyson Noël's extraordinary new Immortals series. Enter an enchanting new world, where true love never dies...

After a horrible accident claims the lives of her family, sixteen-year-old Ever Bloom can see people's auras, hear their thoughts, and know someone's entire life story by touching them. Going out of her way to avoid human contact to suppress her abilities, she has been branded a freak at her new high school — but everything changes when she meets Damen Auguste.

Damen is gorgeous, exotic and wealthy. He's the only one who can silence the noise and random energy in her head - wielding a magic so intense, it's as though he can peer straight into her soul. As Ever is drawn deeper into his enticing world of secrets and mystery, she's left with more questions than answers. And she has no idea just who he really is - or what he is. The only thing she knows to be true is that she's falling deeply and helplessly in love with him



Claire's Review 4 of 5 Stars

I was in between books when I decided to give this a go after having it on my kindle for a while, and I have to say I really enjoyed it. I found it very similar to other YA novels focusing on teenage issues and bringing in the supernatural element, and I felt I could slip into the book and found it an easy read. I must say though that I found the ending rather disappointing. I could grasp the whole immortal concept however the reincarnation issue I think pushed it too far and I found myself shaking my head. I will be continuing with the rest of the series to see where it goes as despite the ending I did enjoy reading it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.