Wednesday 7 January 2015

Review: The Crochet Answer Book by Edie Eckman

The Crochet Answer Book, 2nd Edition: Solutions to Every Problem You’ll Ever Face; Answers to Every Question You’ll Ever Ask
Edie Eckman's classic Q&A reference is better than ever! You'll find helpful answers to even more crochet questions, including new questions on broomstick lace, linked stitches, crochet cables, and much more. You'll also find illustrations for left-handed crocheters; up-to-the-minute information on new internet resources; and an expanded section on unusual techniques like Tunisian crochet. Whatever your level of expertise, you'll love having Edie Eckman's expert advice available at the turn of a page!
Shona's review 4 of 5 stars

This book combines two of my favourite things.... Reading and Crochet.
One of the first things about this book I loved was the hook conversion page. So many times I have found an American crochet pattern and had to run off to find the page online that converts the sizes to UK size for me. Having it in the book is perfect.

The pictures depicting the most common ways to hold the hook and yarn is invaluable too. My friend and I both hold our hooks and yarn completely differently, and the assurance in the book that there really isn't a 'wrong way' to hold them is comforting to newcomers to the craft.

All in this is a great book for the beginner, and I really wish I had this when I first started crocheting. But that doesn't mean I cant find it useful now, there is a whole section on gauge, including how to adjust if your gauge doesn't match the pattern. Which if I'm being honest has always confused me a little. And it includes some handy tips for graph crochet which I have tried and failed at previously, but something I am willing too try again now that I have this handy guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.