Friday 13 March 2015

Review: The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead

The Ruby Circle (Bloodlines, #6)
The epic conclusion to Richelle Mead's New York Times bestselling Bloodlines series is finally here...
Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets—and human lives.
After their secret romance is exposed, Sydney and Adrian find themselves facing the wrath of both the Alchemists and the Moroi in this electrifying conclusion to Richelle Mead’s New York Times bestselling Bloodlines series. When the life of someone they both love is put on the line, Sydney risks everything to hunt down a deadly former nemesis. Meanwhile, Adrian becomes enmeshed in a puzzle that could hold the key to a shocking secret about spirit magic, a secret that could shake the entire Moroi world.

Shona's review 5 of 5 stars

It's been a few hours since I finished the last page and I'm still not sure how to put down in words how this book made me feel.
This book starts around a month after The Silver Shadows ended, Sydrian are holed up back at Court (and living with Adrians mother) hiding from the Alchemists, and Jill is still missing with no-one any closer to finding out where she is or who took her. It isn't long before they find a way to sneak out of Court to try and track down Jill.

There are more than a few surprises along the way. And I will not be spilling those secrets here, you my dear friend are gonna have to read for yourself. One had me closing the book in shock, opening the book and re-reading the entire scene again to make sure I had read it correctly before finally just staring at the page in a mixture of disbelief, shock and laughter. One of the others I kinda saw coming, I really hoped it was going to go down the way I imagined it, and I'm not gonna lie, I cried!

There were many questions answered in this book but there were also some new questions asked that we didn't get a definitive answer to (see surprises above). Mead has done a fantastic job of wrapping this series up. I'm equal parts happy with the way it ended and sad that it's over. That epilogue...... 


“I told you before, we’re the centre,” she said. “And the centre will hold.”


Sydrian, oh Sydrian how I have missed you. One thing you can be sure of is now that I have the entire series in my hands I WILL be re-reading these bad boys back to back.

I've just discovered that Richelle has said she'd probably do another spin off series (mentioned here)... no mention of who will feature in that one though. Guesses would include Jill, Eddie, Sonya or maybe even Lissa. 




Claire's Review 5 of 5 Stars

This was a long awaited for final installment and I'm in 2 minds over it all. One half of me loved it and loved the way it ended and the other half of me hated it as its means the end of Bloodlines and no more Sydrian :(

As usual picking up a bloodlines book feels like connecting with an old friend, you can easily slip into the pages and it feels as if you never left! 

This installment picks up a month after Silver Shadows ended when we found out Jill had been kidnapped, and the book is aimed at Jill's rescue allow with several over story lines running along side, including what happened to Olive.

This book had me gasping and re reading several times, laughing and crying! It brought out so many emotions as I knew it was the final book. I did find the ending quite predictable, however at the same time I think it was the perfect ending. I just wish I could jump a few years and see what happens in the future and if Sydrian do get the HEA or whether the alchemists would ruin things once again. I would also have loved to see Zoe break from the alchemists and find a way to help in another way.

All in all I'm gutted it has all come to an end and I can definitely see myself re-reading all the books again in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.