Wednesday 29 July 2015

Author Interview: JW Snootz

In the interview seat today we havw J.W. Snootz, he has been writing since elementary school, never learning to print as a child, and having to learn cursive writing inspired me to write a lot as a youth.
I love to write in a variety of different genres and enjoy reading a lot of different story types as well. I also love to hear from and interact with the fans and other authors so always feel free to say hi and share your thoughts. "My motto is, if you don't like the truth then don't make it the truth!


Hello and welcome to Booky Ramblings of a Neurotic Mom
What inspired you to write your first book?
My wife, she kept telling me people actually might like my writing and while I still find it hard to believe anyone does, as usual she was right.


Do you have a specific writing style? I have several different types, some people have said I ramble like Stephen King...and honor I am not worthy of, but I liked one reader who called it "casual, fun, and like having a chat with a bunch of old friends."


How did you come up with the title of your current/recent book? I decided when I started the Paradise series they would all start be titled with words that started with S and ended with –ing. I had planned for their to only be a couple of books in the series but since then I have mapped out another stack of titles and possible books. It may ultimately grow into a 10 book series by the time it’s all done years from now.


Is there a message in your novel(s) that you want readers to grasp? I want it to be the message they need most in their lives in that moment. Whether that message be survival, friendship, love, lust, just being horny, or having a new look on an old concept of life, I want my readers to find their own meanings that truly matter to them. What I want to get out of my books meanings should be very different then everyone else’s because no two of us are the same and we all change on a daily basis.


Are your novels based on someone you know, or events in your own life? I always like to include bits and pieces of my own life and those around me in my books. I feel the best books always do have some elements of yourself contained within the words, places, people, and things that make it awesome.


Which of your novels have influenced your life the most? The Paradise Series both because it is full of passion and my first public series.


If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor? Stephen King, Mark Twain, George RR Martin.


What book are you reading now? Black House by Stephen King and Peter Straub


What are your current projects? Snowing in Paradise and Surrendering to Paradise the next two books in that series. Plus a new series called Confessions, plus I am preparing to get started on Vhamps Vol. 2!! Can’t wait!


If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book? Nah probably not, I don’t like to look back, always forward.


Do you recall how your interest in writing originated? I loved to write as a kid. I struggled and never really learned to print in grade school so I wrote a lot and it kept my mind focused and away from my own nerdy socially awkward self.


Can you share a little of your current work with us? Copyright 2015 J.W. Snootz Snippet of Snowing in Paradise (unedited) 
“Well I am sure glad I could help you out tonight Mr. Jackson. I would hate to think what might happen if I left you here alone all night with these dirty white folks all humping and cumming all over the hotel. Running around here in their bras, thongs, and little teddy’s. Could be dangerous, I mean someone could slip, fall, and put an eye out or something. But don’t you worry sir; I am here to keep you safe tonight.” I told him not sure he was listening but welcoming any response he might have to my ass bent over the front desk making a list and checking it twice.

“I am eternally grateful for your safe keeping Miss Arthur.” He said and I could almost feel the sexual tension rising in his voice. I had been dying to fuck this man for months, but letting him know that was not an option. I had learned a lot about him since I started here, and not once had he hit on me. Not once had he blatantly called me a slut, or just happened to wonder, “What I was doing on my days off.” He was a very good man and worked very hard at keeping it professional. I thought for sure I could have cracked him by now, but he had some serious will power. Tonight would be the night though. I had plans to make him mine and this was the perfect opportunity for it to not only be his idea, but to allow me the extra little bit of help I obviously needed to get him fully into me.


Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing? Nah…just getting the words onto paper…and edits…thousands of edits…lol.


Do you have to travel much concerning your book(s)? Not yet but I plan to start more in 2016 with my first author signing at Booking in Biloxi!


Who designs your covers? The very talented and lovely Kari Ayasha!


What was the hardest part of writing your most recent book? Finding the time to get as much done as I would like. I live in a very busy household and we never seem to have enough time for everything do we.


Do you have any advice for other writers? Don’t' be afraid to take break, I know so many people say just force yourself to write as much as possible. For me that doesn’t work. I need breaks to keep the story fresh and flowing. I like to write 10k words and then take a few days off and let the story rebuild in my mind and then do it again. Just find a system that works for you and let's you write the best way that fits your life. There is no particular best way to do it.


Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers? I love you! All of you! Even the ones who hate my work or maybe never plan to even read it! I love you because you read, and reading is awesome and needs to continue if we plan to survive as a species, on this planet or any other.

Social Media links

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/jwsnootz
Website http://www.jwsnootz.com/
Twitter http://www.twitter.com/snootz6

They say our twenties is the time in our lives when we truly discover ourselves. The problem is, J. has been an awkward twenty-five year old for nearly a century and still hasn't figured it out yet. When his 100th birthday rolls around, J. realizes that he has put so much of his life into denying his true nature, that he has somehow forgotten to live it along the way. So, J. sets out with renewed determination to finally be a part of the world he has so desperately been clinging to. But, when an attempt to be the hero and save the girl goes horribly awry, the botched attempt to save Angie’s life turns his world upside down, plunging him, his friends, and the girl of his dreams into a world none of them knew existed--A dangerous world full of ancient secrets, temptation, and blood. Instead of answers, all they find are more questions. Will J. figure out what it all means and who he really is in time to be the hero?

Could he finally get his wish for a "normal" human life, or was the monster J. had worked so hard to bury, even closer to the surface than he ever thought possible?

***May contain graphic sex and language not suitable for anyone under eighteen.***

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.