Wednesday 22 July 2015

Interview with MA Scott

MA Scott is the author of Walk in the Woods.

The first book in an upcoming series where we follow Christian through her struggles of an unknown past as she deals with short term memory loss.
This book is full of laughter, and intriguing moments that make you wonder just what the heck is going on! (in a good way).

Christian Robb is a twenty-four year old woman who is stuck at home and forced to live with her controlling parents. At the age of sixteen, she was in an accident that resulted in short term memory loss. When two men enter her life, she has to figure out what's true and what's not- because everything is not what it seems.

Interview with MA Scott


1- Was there anything particular that inspired you to start your journey of being an author?

After a long semester of online classes, I wanted to take a break from school. Long story short, I got really bored really fast and decided to start doing book reports. After a few papers, I got tired of reading and decided that I would try my hand at writing. That was March of 2014 and I’ve been writing ever since.

2- What would you say is the hardest part of writing/publishing a book for you?

I would have to say committing to finishing a story. Finding time to write when there’s so many cheesy Lifetime movies I could be watching is really hard. Okay, that was a joke, but in all honesty, I am a huge procrastinator. Finishing what I start is hard for me to do.

3- If you could only read four books for the rest of your life, what would they be?

Why? Why? Why?
Okay, I guess I would have to say the Bible because my faith is really important and let’s be honest, there’s so many neat stories in there.

The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger is another one. That book is amazing and life changing. If you haven’t read it yet, it’s definitely one to put on your TBR.

Another would be Crazy Ladies by Michael Lee West. I read it for the first time when I was twelve and it revolutionized my reading experience. After reading that book, The Babysitter’s Club just didn’t have the same effect on me.

And the last one would have to be a story that hasn’t come out yet. Guiding Light by Jessica Florence. I’ve been beta reading it for a while and cannot wait until the whole thing is finish. It’s amazing. Amazing.

4- Do you and your main female character share any personality traits?

In every story that I write, I always put a little bit of me into it. Not always on purpose. My characters are definitely their own women, but I do see bits and pieces of myself in them. Christian has a bit of a temper, like I do, so it’s interesting to see how she responds.

5- If you could live in any book what book which would it be?

You’re killing me! Love these questions though!

I guess I would have to pick the world of Harry Potter, which I love. I’m a huge Harry Potter Fan.

6- Where do your ideas for your books come from? Dreams? Music? 

The inspiration comes from the weirdest places. Sometimes I’ll be talking with a friend and bam! a plot comes to mind. Sometimes it is a song or a person. Most of the time, I think of new plots and characters when I’m writing a different story.

7- Any advice for aspiring authors?

Listen to your own voice. Some things are meant to be handwritten. Some rules are meant to be broken. And have fun- you only get one debut, so make it count. 


Buy links


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.