Thursday 29 October 2015

Love from Paris Review

Love from ParisLove from Paris by Alexandra Potter

Ruby, the Love Detective, goes to Paris! The second book in the series that started with THE LOVE DETECTIVE, this is a hugely fun, satisfying and gripping novel about love and secrets in the ultimate city of romance . . .



Claire's Review 5 of 5 Stars


Wow, what can I say about this book except I loved every minute of it! It was so well written, you wanted to speed read to find out what would happen, yet at the same time you wanted to read slow and savour each page!

The book is about Ruby, whose birthday plans end up not going to plan, and instead she decides to go to Paris to visit her friend Harriet. Here not only does she question her own love life, but she finds herself intrigued by the romance of Emmanuelle and Henry, who fell in love before the war.

I found myself enthralled by the story of Emmanuelle and Henry and hoping that it would have the happy ending it deserved, as well as hoping for a happy ending for Ruby and Harriet. I cannot say I would have picked the same outcome for Ruby however, that didn't take away from a brilliantly written story, with lots of romance and humour!

When I started this novel I did not realise that it was the second in a series, and so will definitely be purchasing book one to catch up!

A definite must read!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.