Tuesday 3 November 2015

Darkmere Review

Darkmere

Darkmere by Helen Maslin

A castle. A curse. A dangerous summer.
Leo has invited Kate and a few friends to spend the summer at his inheritance, Darkmere Castle: as wild and remote as it is beautiful. Kate thinks it will be the perfect place for her and Leo to get together - but instead, she's drawn into the dark story of a young nineteenth-century bride who haunts the tunnels and towers of the house. And whose curse now hangs over them all.

Claire's Review 5 of 5 Stars


Normally this wouldn't have been a book I would have picked up, however after receiving it for review, I'm so glad I did!

Darkmere is exactly what YA should be! It has a great story that keeps you glued to the pages and wanting to find out more! I cannot say I liked all the characters as they were all flawed, but that's not a bad thing as that is real life.

What I expected from this book was the usual YA, with romance and a bit of a twist but what I got was so much more. I loved the duel perspective between modern day and Elinor's story. Elinor's story, in particular, grabbed my attention and haunted me even when I had put the book down!

This is a book I could easily see turned into film with ease!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.