Wednesday 4 November 2015

Author Interview: Autumn Seigel

In the interview seat today is aspiring novelist Autumn Seigel, Autumn resides in the small town of Wapakoneta, Ohio with her friends and family. Autumn has been writing since the 8th grade and began her passion from writing fanfiction. Her other hobbies include reading and drawing manga. Her love for watching the Weather Channel every night before bed has given her the inspiration to write her debut Dystopian-Science Fiction novel, “ReAwaken”, now out on Amazon and Smashwords.  


Hello and welcome to Booky Ramblings of a Neurotic Mom.
Was there anything particular that inspired you to start your journey of being an author?
Not really. All knew back then was that I wanted to share stories that were gathering up in my head.

What would you say is the hardest part of writing/publishing a book for you?
At the beginning of the journey, starting the book...because you know you need to make it pop or stand out in a way that attracts readers to read it. The publishing part would be the marketing because I self published and have to do all the hard parts myself, which I think makes it feel more rewarding because you keep every single right to your book.

If you could only read four books for the rest of your life, what would they be?
Burning Bridges by Nadege Richards, Artemis Fowl (Book 1) by Eoin Colfer, Divergent by Veronica Roth and The Giver by Lois Lowry

Do you and your main character share any personality traits?
Arianna has some of my personality traits but I recently just found out that she looks a bit like my sister, Summer. Ari has more of both of me and my sister, I guess.

If you could live in any book what book would it be?
I would live in Hogwarts in the Harry Potter World and be Hermoine Granger's best friend.

Where do your ideas for your books come from? Dreams? Music? 
For ReAwaken, it came from watching too many Weather Channel TV shows and it also started out with a theme from the Mayan Calendar Apocalypse, which was when I first started to book. Now, I'm writing book 2 during another apocalypse (type in September 23). It's weird how I get my ideas during these “catastrophic” events.

Any advice for aspiring authors?
Don't give up. You may think your story sucks after you are done but there may be that one person who doesn't know you but will love it. Haters gonna hate (cue Taylor Swift song, hehe) but don't let that steer you away from your dreams.

Reawaken

Book 1 of The New Earth Saga

Arianna Montgomery has no recollection of her past life when she discovers she has a part to play in the new human race. As much as she tries to fight the cause, it may turn out she has a much bigger role to play than she realized. But can Arianna handle the responsibility that’s been thrust upon her?

The end of the world is near...will they be ready?


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.