Sunday 28 February 2016

Spotlight and Review: A Ravens Touch by Linda Bloodworth


Bullied through high school, seventeen-year-old Justice St. Michaels is grateful for the help of her best friend Moira O’Fhey. Their only wish is to graduate high school, leave the sleepy town of Fallingbrook and all that happened behind them. The Heavens have other plans. Between growths on her back and being involved in explosive school fights, nothing seems to make sense. When an unexpected encounter with Darien Raventhorn causes worlds to collide it exposes the truth about Justice's real identity. To avenge a family death, Justice must embrace her birthright, and slay a demon before all Hell breaks loose.

Claire's review 3 of 5 stars

When I read the blurb for this book, I though it sounds right up my street as I am a big fan of the paranormal. This book is about the life of Justice, giving you a huge dose or angels, vampires, witches, elves and dragons!

The story is packed with action from the start, although I have to admit that I didnt enjoy the beginning of the book very much. The events at the school, even though this is a paranormal, just seemed too far stretched and unrealistic to me, with the sheer amount of violence which felt unnecessary for this type of book. I also found the religious aspect hard, as i am not a religious person, and at this point I did put the book down, undecided whether or not to continue, in fact if this hadnt have been a review book, I would have probably marked it as a did not finish!

The second half however picked up things for me, and helped me to push through to the end, and i am pleased I didnt give up with it. The story progresses much more and I found myself eager to find out the outcome.

Ikira's review 3 our of 5 stars

The blurb for this book sounded great to me, I immediately wanted to read it and was excited, awaiting my review copy. I found it to be very difficult to get into. The first few chapters; whilst written well, were confusing and I feel somewhat unnecessary. The violence was mostly uncalled for and I don't think lent anything to the overall story. I believe it was meant to deliver a back-story on the main character - Justice, but I think it could have been done differently. I struggled through those first chapters and felt tired from the effort so put the book down. I wasn't sure I would come back to it and honestly speaking, if it hadn't been for review, I likely wouldn't have done.

I took some time out, cleared my head to find the necessary facts and continued to read. I am glad I did so; as from around chapter 6 onwards, things became clearer and easier to read. The friendship between Justice and Moira shone through and the other key characters came to the fore. All the characters were likable and some seemed rather familiar - I think I can guess where the author finds some of her inspiration.

As the story progressed, I found myself more involved and invested, I finished the remainder of the book in a single day, finding I had in fact enjoyed it and I do want to read the sequel - there has to be one.

Clare's review 4 out of 5 stars

I chose this book because reading through the blurb it sounded very much like something I could really enjoy and it fell into my favourite genre. I found the story to begin and move forward very very quickly and this made it a little difficult to really get into, however as the story progresses I did begin to enjoy it. There were a few moments when I felt like we were missing important parts of the story and I had to go back and reread to make sure I didn't miss anything important.
 The characters were well thought out and the friendships that developed with the different characters was lovely. I felt that the idea behind this story was very well thought out and quite original, my only regret is that it wasn't longer, I really feel like this story could be so much more with some tweaking and perhaps if it were longer with more explanations as to what was happening. Overall I enjoyed the concept and would read the next in the series because I would really like to know what happens to the characters from here!

Linda Bloodworth loves chips, like really, ketchup to be exact. Ketchup chips are only found in Canada. Lucky for Linda she lives in Toronto with her husband and three fur babies. Linda enjoys camping and getting away from the city on day trips.

Author links


Book links

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.