Friday 1 April 2016

Review: The Love Triangle by Nic Tatano

The Love Triangle
When you need damage control, you call a doctor.
Nope, not a medical doctor. A spin doctor.
And public relations expert Lexi Harlow is so good at getting her clients out of trouble, she’s known as Spin Girl.
After an incendiary breakup (setting fire to her cheating boyfriend’s pants) she decides to play the field for the first time in her life. Two suitors are vying for her affections; pro quarterback Jake Frost, New York’s most eligible bachelor; and sports agent Kyle Caruso. But when the athlete hires the agent, and both enlist her services to take care of public relations, well…
There’s only one way Lexi can spin her way out of a love triangle before everything blows up in her face.
Choose one.
But when the candle she’s burning at both ends meets in the middle, the choice is no longer hers.

Shona's review 5 of 5 stars

This is the first time I have read anything by Tatano so I had no idea what to expect. What I found was a book that pulled me in from the very beginning and kept my attention throughout. I'm not a massive fan of love triangles because they are seldom done well (why did I choose this book then given the title? I know I'm asking myself the same question), but this book has raised the bar when it comes to being well done and has redefined the meaning of love triangles. All you other love triangles need to work much harder.

I loved Lexi, Tatano has done a fantastic job of writing her, she is a strong independent women who doesn't have  problem admitting that she wants to be loved and taken care. Our female leads don't have to be one or the other, they can be both, and Lexi certainly is.

I don't want to say too much about Lexi's suitors, because I'd hate to cloud someones judgements before they have a chance to read the book and make up their own mind, but I will say I had made up my mind very early in the book about who I thought Lexi should be with, and as the book progressed my feelings for the other were proven right. 

If this is the quality of writing I can expect from Tatano then I shall certainly be looking at more of his work.






No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.