Friday 24 June 2016

Spotlight and review: L.o.v.e. by Kate Vine

Mia Stone doesn’t look for attachments, in fact, she doesn’t look for anything serious at all. Serious means losing something. She’s already lost enough and she doesn’t want to lose…again.
Living her life as free and simple as she can, she’s following her own rules.
But everything changes when the mysterious and sexy Dylan Heart comes crashing into her life. And just like that, he tears down the walls that she’s built up solidly for so long. Brick by brick he’s getting closer and closer to her heart, but he’s not the only one, and he’s aware of his competition. Jason, Mia’s friend, hopes for more even though he’s trying to just be a friend.
Will they break through? Will they be able to crush and break the walls of her stubborn heart?
Which ONE is going to break through?
Will they save her from her fear to commit or is the commitment going to end them all?

Kerry's review 2 of 5 stars

I seriously don't know where to start with this book? I felt it was a total mind f**k. 
To start with I didn't like Mia in the slightest I didn't think she deserved either Jason or Dylan but once we got to know her a bit more I really warmed to her. 
I would have liked to have got more of Jason's PoV on what was happening but once everything started going downhill it seemed a bit rushed to me. 
The ending.. I'm still totally in shock I actually don't know how I feel about it. I don't like to do spoilers in reviews, I want other readers to discover things on their own but the ending for me totally ruined this book. Mia had been through enough in her life and I hated the ending, it made Dylan seem selfish and that none of her close friends, she has known for years, were there it didn't feel right to me totally rushed. 
It's a shame as the book had potential.

Ikira's review 3 out of 5 stars

Wreckless, untamable and downright crazy at times, messing with life as if it's just a toy with only her closest friends around her, no family to speak of and her own unbreakable rules, Mia appers to have it all togerther on the outside while inside she's a muddle of mixed emotions, carrying her awful past with her everywhere she goes.

Mia's character is intriguing right from the word go, wanting to understand her more is part of the reason you'll keep reading - at least I did. She's a gifted tattooist and that is integral to the whole story, it brings meaning to many things which could otherwise have not made sense or just felt a little strange.

Dylan - well he's very similar to Mia in many ways, yet has had a very different upbringing and life up until the point where they meet...and that, their meeting...well, i'll let you read that! It's pretty good though ;)

Jason - I liked him, I felt he was a great guy and exceptionally good for Mia in many ways. They already knew each other before the story begins so no explosive meeting there but a deeper, better understanding of each other, a friendship and more already in place.

The other main characters - they're not really relevant. Of course, they all play a part but none of them really have any influence on the story; except one in a singular but significant way, such is the strength of Mia's will - she'll have it all her way or not at all, thank you very much!

So, if you like a strong female lead, plenty (and by this I mean a lot) of sex, this may be right up your street. The story is strong and fairly well written but if you'd rather more story than sex, then perhaps this isn't for you.

I've given this 3 rather than 4 stars because although the story was good, it could have been better, could have been deeper and held more meaning. There was a lot more story to be told from particularly Jason's point of view. The story is written in the alternating first person format and I felt Jason should have had much more to say.
*****

I'm a mother, a wife and a friend. I'm a chauffeur, a cook, and everything else that my kids ask me to be by day, but I put my magic hat on at night and become what I cherish most- a writer.
I'm a hopeless romantic that still believes in a fairy tales, even though not everybody gets them.
I'm an owner of dirty mouth that often gets me in trouble.
I think boundaries are there to be broken, and I definitely broke more than one and I plan on breaking them as I go forward. YOU should try it sometimes, it's fun!
I've been avid reader since I can remember and always had stories in my head, till I decided to put them on paper and share them with you, so you can take a glimpse inside my head and join my ride !



Social media links

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.