Thursday 9 August 2018

Throwback Thursday: Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

Its hard to believe that nine years ago I had never read a word of this series, had never watched a movie and didn't really know what the whole series was about.I knew a few people who liked the books but it was at a point in my life when I wasn't reading. I hadn't been able to enjoy reading for a few years.
Roll on movie night with my husband and he picked Twilight for us to watch, he'd been told it was good. I enjoyed the movie, but didn't get what all the fuss was about. My Facebook friends urged me to read the books. So I took a chance and ordered all four books. And there was no looking back.



I devoured the four books in about 2 weeks, and then spent a week wondering if I could re-read them before diving back in again. I've lost count of how many times I've read this series, yet I've never written a review for these books. Even now, I will walk past my shelves and see this sat there and i'll just pick it up and start reading it. I know these books cover to cover but i still get the same level of enjoyment from it that I got the first time I read them. For me these books will never grow old.

There is so much love and hate regarding this series, but for me this series will always hold a place in my heart, not just because I genuinely love the story, but because it restarted my love of reading. It also opened my eyes to genres other than horror and gave me my first glimpse into paranormal. There are so many books I would not have even looked at if I hadn't first read Twilight.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.