Friday 21 September 2012

Thirteen

ThirteenThirteen by Kelley Armstrong

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have spent the last year waiting for this book to be released and when I finally got a copy what did I do? Did I read it immediately? No. Why? Partly because for a while I contemplated reading the entire series back to back and partly because I couldn't bare to say goodbye to this series.
I have loved this series since the first 3 chapters of Bitten Watching Savannah grow up throughout the series (mostly on the sidelines) I was really pleased when she was finally old enough to have her own voice. I think Kelley Armstrong did a great job of allowing each of the women from the series a chance to have their voice heard in this last book.

I was completely drawn in by this book, I got that warm fuzzy feeling that feels like coming home, or being hugged by your favourite person. I found myself laughing in parts and crying in others (did anyone else do that or was it just me?). While I am sad that one of my favourite series is officially over there are enough 'loose ends' to leave openings for several more novella's and who knows, maybe one day a 14th book in the series. Which makes me happy.

I know a lot of people have felt a little 'short-changed' on the ending, but I think its fitting. Not one of the characters leads a normal life, they all live with various dangers and as such there can be no 'happy ever after', but they come damn close.

If you haven't read this series yet then I definitely recommend it. Especially if you like a little werewolf, witch/sorcerer, demon and vampire (amongst others) in your story.



View all my reviews



Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.