Wednesday 19 September 2012

Ever Fire by Alexia Purdy

Ever Fire (A Dark Faerie Tale, #2)Ever Fire by Alexia Purdy

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I've had this book for a while and always meant to read it immediately after reading Ever Shade but for some reason it didn't work out that way. I really do wish I had been able to read them all back to back, because I just could not step away from Shade's story.

This one is set just a little after Ever Shade, with Dylan living with Shade and her family (being her personal bodyguard) and Shade taking regular lessons in all things Faerie, from learning magic to battle skills. Drawn into yet another adventure Shade is torn between wanting to protect her human family and helping her Fae friends. Shade grows a lot in this book and she finally learns about her faerie magic.

As you would expect from the second book in a series, this one jumps straight in, with no hanging about trying to fill you in on back story. There is almost no slow points to the story so its easy to just continue reading (unless you have a houseful of people who think because your 'just' reading means you're not doing anything important).

My only issue with this series is I have to wait until next year for the next installment Ever Winter


Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.