Saturday 1 September 2012

Unbound by Emily Goodwin

UnboundUnbound by Emily Goodwin

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

When I started reading this book I knew nothing about it, I hadn't even read the blurb. I guess I got really lucky but this was great, I honestly couldn't put it down and sat up until 3am just trying to see what was going to happen next.

Other than guessing in the first couple of chapters that Anora saw ghosts I honestly didn't see the direction the book was taking.

I have read books about young girls who discover they are witches, books with demons and I've read books that mix both of those elements, but none of those even come close to the reading experience of this one.

I liked that we didn't go from normal school girl to demon hunting witch in the blink of an eye. there is a gradual increase in power, though not her confidence. Even at the end of the book when Anora has (maybe not single-handedly since she had some help from Hunter and some ghosts) defeated the demon who was after her power, she feels that her friends, family and boyfriend would be better off without her and she leaves.

Anora still has plenty of growing into her powers to do and I'm really looking forward to reading more of her story.


Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.