Saturday 13 October 2012

Of Darkness and Light

Of Darkness and Light (Shadow of the Nephilim, #1)Of Darkness and Light by Lily Crussell

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The story centres around Elora, a young 17 year old girl who lives mostly on her own due to her parents travelling. She is attacked by an invisible force and then followed by a strange man (Raziel). She thinks the two might be connected but the stranger reads her mind and assures her he doesn't wish to harm her. Elora and Raziel become close, falling in love and Raziel acting as her protector against the unseen force who continues to attack Elora when she is on her own. One day Raziel disappears and Elora is kidnapped..

It took me a few days and several chapters to really get into the story. In the beginning I was able to put it down and that meant that sometimes I had to reread the last few pages again because I had forgotten what had happened. Once you get into the flow of the story it just seems to carry you right through to the end. At this point I couldn't put the book down.

Considering the book features Angels, Fallen Angels and Nephilim, religion doesn't feature heavily in the book. Yes she has a Christian friend and yes there is talk of God, but not enough to put the non-religious off reading the book.

I look forward to the second book in the series.



View all my reviews



Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.