Friday 19 October 2012

S.P.I.R.I.T.: Fire Storm

S.P.I.R.I.T.: Fire StormS.P.I.R.I.T.: Fire Storm by Dawn Gray

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Other than the name I knew nothing of this book when I started reading it. I had picked it up as part of the publishers read and review book club. And I'm glad that I did.
Now maybe I have been stuck in the YA paranormal world for a little too long, but I assumed this was also a YA novel... oh I was wrong. This is definitely for adults which i discovered fairly quickly.

The story centres around Sam and Zander. One minute Sam is stood in her bedroom the next she is outside a church hundreds of miles away from home about to be trampled by a group of people fleeing a the burning building but rescued by Zander, who works for the military in the paranormal field. Who then tries to help her work out what happened to her.

The first couple chapters are a little confusing as there is very little back story, so you are not always aware of what's happening, but you are soon brought up to speed with your feet on the ground and running.... because this story does not let up. Yes there are a few moments when they are not out on the job and are tucked up inside 'exploring each other', but when they are working the story just motors along and drags the reader along with it. There is no putting this book down.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.