Sunday 28 April 2013

Bloodlines

8709527Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

Book Synopsis

Blood doesn't lie...

Sydney is an alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of human and vampires. They protect vampire secrets - and human lives. When Sydney is torn from her bed in the middle of the night, at first she thinks she's still being punished for her complicated alliance with dhampir Rose Hathaway. But what unfolds is far worse. Jill Dragomir - the sister of Moroi Queen Lissa Dragomir - is in mortal danger, and the Moroi must send her into hiding. To avoid a civil war, Sydney is called upon to act as Jill's guardian and protector, posing as her roommate in the last place anyone would think to look for vampire royalty - a human boarding school in Palm Springs, California. But instead of finding safety at Amberwood Prep, Sydney discovers the drama is only just beginning...

Claire's Review 4 of 5 Stars

After reading the vampire academy series I was really looking forward to reading this spin off. Unfortunately I was disappointed!

I didn't find bloodlines lived up to the VA series. Jill for me is not a great character, despite the fact that she is young, she is very childish and selfish in my eyes.

This series did however improve Adrian's character for me, and I am looking forward to seeing more of him in the rest of the series.

For me this book lacked any real heroine, and missed the presence of Rose. Sydney as the main character just didn't live up to Roses shadow, and also lacked any real romance as Jill's romantic endeavors were nothing compared to Rose and Dimitri in the VA series.

As usual though the book was well written and I am looking forward to seeing the characters evolve in the rest of the series.

2 comments:

  1. I took awhile to get into this series- I was a huge vampire academy fan too and couldn't bring myself to move away from Rose and Dimitri! But I was surprised how much I enjoyed the next few books in the series- I think Mead is talented enough to take readers on a great journey no matter the characters. And I also really enjoyed seeing (and falling for) the sexy side of Adrian we get to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I agree. I enjoyed Bloodlines but i enjoyed the next two books more.
    Yes Jill was selfish but I can understand why. The girl has had to deal with a lot in a very short time.
    I think I love this series just a little bit more than Vampire Academy, and I really love that series.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.