Saturday 21 September 2013

Author Spotlight and Interview, Christine Rice

Author Bio:

Christine42Christine Rice is the author of five books: Poetry for the Heart, Essays for the Soul, My Not-So-Ordinary Life, Freelance Writing Guide, and Articles for the Mind. She has been writing since 2006 and published her first book in 2007. She is currently working on three books and has ideas for several others. Most of all, she loves writing and sharing her books with the world.

To be informed when Christine publishes new books and has exciting promotions and events, you can subscribe to her email list here.
You can learn more about Christine and her books here:  WebsiteBlogFacebookTwitterGoodreadsPinterestAmazonSmashwords

Articles for the Mind - CreateSpaceBook Title: Articles for the Mind

Blurb:

Articles for the Mind is a compilation of 58 articles on a variety of interesting topics that provide expert advice and objective knowledge to educate you and help you to improve your life. Topics include: beauty, health, careers, education, family, pets, financial planning, frugal living, money, food, holidays, home, psychology, self-help, values, and writing.

This book is a wealth of knowledge for only $3.99. You can learn more about it and read an excerpt at Goodreads, it is available for purchase at AmazonSmashwordsKobo, and Diesel, and it will soon be available in paperback (Amazon), Nook (Barnes & Noble), iBookstore, and Sony.
Hello Christine and welcome to Booky Ramblings of a Neurotic Mom




  1. Do you have a specific writing style?

Definitely. I write as concisely as possible. And because I write concisely, I also need to be as direct as possible or else my readers won’t completely understand my message. I developed my style when I was an English major. I had a teacher who was very strict about writing clearly and concisely. I’ll never forget her. I struggled with writing as concisely as she wanted, but she made me a better writer. What I learned from her back then has stuck with me.




  1. How did you come up with the title?

The title is related to my first two books. They all have “for the” and then either “heart,” “soul,” or “mind.” The heart, soul, and mind are the sources of our emotions, personality, and thoughts/intellect. That is what makes us who we are, so they are very important parts of us. My next book in the “series” will have to be “body.” I haven’t come up with the remainder of the title or concept of the book yet. Maybe it’ll have something to do with fitness, healthy eating, or natural living. I’m not sure, but I’m looking forward to writing it!




  1. How much of the book is based on your life experiences?

It is based mostly on my life experiences and partly on my research. I love to research topics that interest me in order to learn more about them. And my experiences are priceless. I feel that I’ve learned so much in the 3.2 decades that I’ve been alive, and I get anxious to share my experiences and learned lessons with others. I want others to either learn something from my experiences or to know that they are not alone. If I’m able to accomplish that, my experiences have been useful.




  1. Do you see your writing as a career?

Absolutely. Writing and helping others with their writing are my two full-time jobs, which make up my career as an author and provider of publishing services. I love my multifaceted career. And I love how the publishing industry allows me and others to share our writing with the world.




  1. Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?

Yes. I take writing seriously, because I want to write as well as possible, but my writing can sound too serious sometimes. In real life, I’m an honest person - I don’t usually fib or joke much, because I like to speak the truth and have thoughtful conversations. But sometimes I write too earnestly, so I have to be aware of my “tone” when writing, because I don’t want to portray the wrong message. Because it takes conscious effort, it is the main aspect of writing that I find challenging.




  1. Do you have any advice for other writers?

Yes. Write what you enjoy. Write the way that is most natural for you. If you do these things, you will always enjoy writing. If you’re unhappy with the process, change it. Be flexible. Brainstorm what could make it better. Writing is a joy if you find what you like best about it and do it. Once you determine your strengths as a writer, focus on them and they will grow stronger, then you will be successful. Being a writer is a journey of self-discovery and finding what works best for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.