Tuesday 3 September 2013

Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood #3)

l.a bdb3  Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood #3) by J. R Ward

  Synopsis

  In the shadows of the night in Caldwell, New York, there’s a deadly war raging between vampires and their slayers. And there exists a secret band of brothers like no other - six vampire warriors, defenders of their race. Of these, Zsadist is the most terrifying member of the Black Dagger Brotherhood.

A former blood slave, the vampire Zsadist still bears the scars from a past filled with suffering and humiliation. Renowned for his unquenchable fury and sinister deeds, he is a savage feared by humans and vampires alike. Anger is his only companion, and terror is his only passion—until he rescues a beautiful aristocrat from the evil Lessening Society.

Bella is instantly entranced by the seething power Zsadist possesses. But even as their desire for one another begins to overtake them both, Zsadist’s thirst for vengeance against Bella’s tormentors drives him to the brink of madness. Now, Bella must help her lover overcome the wounds of his tortured past, and find a future with her…

Lisa's Review - 5 out of 5 stars

Book 3 in of the series, and yet another 5 stars from me, and being honest, if I could, I would have given Lover Awakened another star because I loved this one even more than the two before, which I didn't think was possible.

As I said in my review of Book 2, towards the end of Lover Eternal, Zsadist's story was slowly introduced, and by the end I was dying to to get straight started on Lover Awakened. Of all the Brotherhood vampires, Zsadist is the coldest and most menacing of them all, due to the fact he was used as a blood slave after his transformation. His whole back story was one I found really intriguing, and J.R Ward once again excelled herself when it came to filling in the reader with Zsadists history. It was brutal, horrifying and at time left me with tears in my eyes.

Once Zsadist manages to rescue Bella, the aristocratic vampire, from the lessers, it is compelling reading, and as a reader I was hooked, hoping that Zsadist could establish a relationship and that Bella could crack through Zsadists shell and help him deal with his past.

As with the other books, we again learn more about the other vampires in he Brotherhood, as well as some of the other characters, which is a part of these books that I love, as even when you start the next book in the series, you already feel a connection to the characters, and there are some intense moments thrown into these books with some of these characters, to the point where I cried like a baby at one of those moments, even though none of the previous books had focused on said characters, but I felt that connection enough to overwhelmed with emotion.

I felt this book was the turning point in the war with the slayers. The lessers have always been a part of the previous books, but for me, this was the book where it really turns into a war, and cannot wait to see where this goes in the next books.

I have read many series that include numerous amounts of books, and have always said I loved them, such and such series is my favourite...until now. This series is blowing my mind compared to others, and when it is done I think it will be hard to find another series that compares to the Black Dagger Brotherhood.

Links

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/42900.Lover_Awakened

http://www.jrward.com/

Purchase Links

Amazon US http://www.amazon.com/Lover-Awakened-Black-Dagger-Brotherhood/dp/0451219368/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375968206&sr=8-1&keywords=lover+awakened

Amazon UK Lover Awakened: Number 3 in series (Black Dagger Brotherhood)

B&N http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/lover-awakened-j-r-ward/1100173197?ean=9780451219367

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.