Monday 9 November 2015

Review: Shadow's Claim by Kresley Cole

Shadow's Claim (The Dacians, #1)
Trehan Daciano, known as the Prince of Shadows, has spent his life serving his people, striking in the night, quietly executing any threat to their realm. The coldly disciplined swordsman has never desired anything for himself -- until he beholds Bettina, the sheltered ward of two of the Lore's most fearsome villains.
Desperate to earn her guardians' approval after a life-shattering mistake, young Bettina has no choice but to marry whichever suitor prevails -- even though she's lost her heart to another. Yet one lethal competitor, a mysterious cloaked swordsman, invades her dreams, tempting her with forbidden pleasure.
Even if Trehan can survive the punishing contests to claim her as his wife, the true battle for Bettina's heart is yet to come. And unleashing a millennium's worth of savage need will either frighten his Bride away -- or stoke Bettina's own desires to a fever pitch...

Shona's review 5 of 5 stars

This book was marked up as Immortals After Dark 12.5 or Dacians 1... what that means is it ties in with the IAD series (running alongside Lothaire's story) but opens up a whole new series set in the same world as IAD. I did worry that since this was essentially a new series that it would be completely different, but I couldn't have been more wrong. This series promises to be just as enticing, just as comfortable as IAD, just with a host of new characters and hopefully some of our old favourites.

I honestly don't understand why I was a little wary starting this book, I love Cole's writing, I know it sounds cheesy, and I probably say this way more than I should, but it always feels like sitting down with an old friend when I pick up her books, I know I'm going to enjoy the 'conversation' and really this one was no different. I read this entire book in one day. I could not put it down.

I'll be honest, when we first met the Dacians in Lothaire, I wasn't overly impressed, but reading this from their POV has certainly shed a new light on them and I cant wait to read more. Especially if they are all like Trehan.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.