Sunday 31 January 2016

Spotlight and Review: Forever Hers by Caroline Cairn

Forever hers (Spirits of Saoradh, #1)
Feisty twenty-four year old Holly, or Miss Greedy as her friends call her, receives a wooden cube as a gift from an enigmatic elderly lady who happens to be her mother’s new neighbour in Lossiemouth, a small Scottish fishing town.
What she doesn’t expect, is for the cube to contain Blayne, a Spirit of Saoradh only she can see and touch. Blayne is a playful, headstrong ghost with no recollection of his human past and an ability to grant Holly’s wishes whenever she calls for him — as long as said wishes don’t raise any questions from the public that is. So a shiny new car might be out of the question, but the possibility of a flat stomach, a consistently spotless house or a perfect daily hairstyle more than make up for it.
Through their incessant banter, Holly and Blayne grow closer while fighting against their mutual attraction since they have no possible future together.
But when the painful reality of Blayne’s existence is revealed, Holly will realize that it’s not always the girl who needs to be saved.

Clare's review  4 out of 5 stars

I chose this book based on it's paranormal genre, I am a big fan of all things weird! I enjoyed the story behind each character and the way they all connected throughout, although I did find Holly a little bit annoying to begin with. I also felt really quite sorry for Blayne, as rude and abrupt as he sometimes seemed his back story was emotional and sad and I was glad to see he was able to move on from this eventually. My reason for giving this book 4 stars rather than 5 is really based on the ending, I felt they shouldn't have forgotten each other before meeting again. This made me wonder whether the life changes they had made would still be present. That said I loved the story and the progress the characters made with each other and I can't wait to read the next in this promising series!

Ikira's review 4 out of 5 stars

Paranormal/Spiritual reads are not my usual choice - In fact, I think this is the first I've ever chosen to read. Suffice to say I'm glad I did. The story was gripping, the characters believable and the chemistry fantastic! Given my lack of knowledge in paranormal activity, I feel it would have taken me rather longer to accept delivery of a spirit into my life but I guess Holly was only given her gift because she already had a basis of belief and acceptance so I chose to overlook the mere hours it took her to deal with it. That said, I loved her spirit, her initial little power trip and the first wish...I actually laughed out loud!

Kerry's review 3 of 5 stars

This is the first paranormal book I've read in so long I wasn't sure if I would like it but I really did. I loved both of the characters and the chemistry that they had. I did think the way Holly took to being able to see Blayne so quickly was a bit abrupt I would have been in shock for weeks not being able to process it on such little information from Adelaide. The ending of the book was a shocker I shouted in frustration when learning that Holly and Blayne would not remember each other but was pleasantly surprised with the ending. This is a brilliant first book by this author and I would read more of her work. I also really liked that it was set in my home town of Aberdeen it made imagining the places that little bit easier.

Author Bio

Caroline Cairn is the author of the Spirits of Saoradh, a paranormal romance series with a difference set in Scotland. Born and raised in France, Caroline studied hotel management before spending a couple of years in England, Ireland and Belgium. In 2001, she and her husband settled close to the Loch Ness monster in the Highlands of Scotland, and soon, two children and about thirteen fish joined them.

Dramatic scenes are always her favourite to work on, which is perhaps a reminiscence of her teenage years when every single ones of her stories had to end in epic tragedy (Shakespeare had nothing on her). Thankfully, these days, she veer towards the happy-ever-after finale set in a glorious orange and red sunset.

Social media links:


Book Links


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.