Thursday 22 December 2016

Review: Broken Gates by DT Dyllin

Broken Gates (The P.J. Stone Gates Trilogy #2)P.J. Stone is a Seer who saw too little, too late.

In the past, her biggest worries were boys and school—but war has a way of changing things. Now, the alien Riders are trying to overrun the world. As the last of their kind, P.J. and her friends must find a way to save humanity before there’s nothing left to save.

After choosing a mate, P.J. hoped she'd have time to enjoy her love life. But with everything changing so quickly and major secrets revealed, who knows what the future will bring?

Shona's review 5 of 5 stars


It really is true that when you read something for the second or third time you pick up on little things that you never noticed before. And in this case it was how much Bryn pissed me off. Ask anyone of the other Dragon Hussies and they will tell you I am Team Bryn. Bryn is/would be my Anam Cara, yeah sure I came to love Khol, but there is that part of me that will always choose Bryn first.
Until now.
At several points in the book I wanted to slap him upside the face so much so that I actually took delight in the fact that PJ did slap him upside the face. And then I started to feel sorry for my poor baby dragon. Again. I mean it cant be easy being the baby dragon around these other more powerful dragons, ones who have always known what/who they are and have had many years to work with their powers. He has known just a few short months what he is and he's supposed to compete? Yeah it's definitely not easy being the baby of the bunch. And so I softened to him again. At which point I realised I'm just as bad as PJ. I love them both. I truly am a Dragon Hussy. And I'm greedy because unlike PJ I refuse to choose.

Word of warning. This book has an awful ending. I mean soul destroying awful not badly written awful. An ending that has me loving and hating Dyllin in equal measure. An ending that saw me dub Dyllin as an evil genius, a title she has lived up to in other series ;-) . An ending that has had me in tears once again, even though I knew it was coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.