Wednesday 21 December 2016

Review: Hidden Gates by DT Dyllin

Hidden Gates (The P.J. Stone Gates Trilogy #1)P.J. Stone was taught to put duty before her heart. But everything changes with a kiss…

As a Seer, P.J. is expected to choose a suitable mate to continue the bloodline. Wanting someone considered off-limits jeopardizes her future, forcing her to question everything she believes in.

As if navigating her love life isn’t complicated enough, P.J. receives a vision of a threat to her world that only she can perceive. But no one wants to believe a fledgling Seer’s warning. With nowhere else to turn, can P.J. trust a stranger with her life, her world, and maybe even her heart?


Shona's review 5 of 5 stars

One of the benefits and downfalls of rereading a series is knowing how it ends and this wasn't something I took into consideration when I started reading this series. Once again I fell into this story with ease, but all to quickly we reach that point in the book where PJ realises her feelings for Bryn are more than platonic friends and it was at this point that I lost control of my emotions and I broke down. I was swept up in the here and now but there was that part of my heart that knew what was coming and it reacted prematurely.

Maybe it was because I came to love Khol later in the series but this time round that man rubbed me up the right way. When I first read this I found him to be overly domineering and aggressive in his pursuit of PJ but the second time round he was softer and definitely more alluring. I wasn't prepared to banish Bryn but I definitely would have offered Khol some 'comfort' of my own.

All in, this was just as enjoyable as the first time round. One thing that did surprise me was finding out that this was the first novel Dyllin had written. When I first read this I clearly remember falling into this book with ease, the first few pages had me completely hooked and that is not something I would have expected from an authors first book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.