Friday 3 February 2017

Review: Talking As Fast As I Can by Lauren Graham

Talking As Fast As I Can: From Gilmore Girls to Gilmore Girls, and Everything in Between
In her first work of nonfiction, the beloved star of Gilmore Girls and Parenthood recounts her experiences on Gilmore Girls - the first and second times - and shares stories about life, love, and working in Hollywood. This collection of essays is written in the intimate, hilarious, and down-to-earth voice that made her novel, Someday, Someday, Maybe, a New York Times best seller.

"This book contains some stories from my life: the awkward growing up years, the confusing dating years, the fulfilling working years, and what it was like to be asked to play one of my favorite characters again. You probably think I'm talking about my incredible achievement as Dolly in Hello, Dolly! as a Langley High School junior, a performance my dad called 'you're so much taller than the other kids.' But no! I'm talking about Lorelai Gilmore, who, back in 2008, I wasn't sure I'd ever see again. Also included: tales of living on a houseboat, meeting guys at awards shows, and that time I was asked to be a butt model. A hint: all three made me seasick."

Shona's review 5 of 5 stars

Talking as fast as I can is an insightful look in to Laurens life, including an insightful look in to diets and the tricks to losing weight ... spoiler alert there isn't one. She gives us a frank discussion on botox and cosmetic surgery and why shes likely to never have either. She touches on the medias obsession with her love life (or lack of one) and the disbelief from many that she may actually be writing a book, all by herself.

But for me, the best part was her recap of all 7 seasons of Gilmore Girls. I even managed to feel a little teary as she talked about the show being cancelled after season 7 and the uncertainty that meant they never really had a chance to celebrate the shows success or say goodbye.

If you are one of the few who haven't yet seen Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life you may want to skip the last chapter as it does contain spoilers. However, it doesn't spoil the last four words.

I've seen a few interviews with Lauren, and its safe to say that she has managed to capture her personality between the pages.










No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.