Sunday 28 July 2013

Beautiful Disaster review

Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1)Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Book Synopsis

Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University’s Walking One-Night Stand.

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby wants—and needs—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.

Shona's review 5 of 5 stars

It is 3 months since I read Walking Disaster (Travis' version of events). Despite the fact that I have been known to re-read a book a mere week after reading it, I worried that I would find it repetitive and not be able to enjoy it.  But I needn't have worried. McGuire hasn't simply rehashed the same book, she has truly added another persons perspective. It makes sense that we get slightly different scenes because girls and boys notice things a little differently.

While I enjoyed Walking Disaster I can honestly say I still didn't see the fascination that others did when it came to Travis... But then seeing him from Abby's POV and I'm struck with a sense of how good-looking he is, but its more than that... he's enigmatic. The whole package is.... attractive. Yes even that over the top possessiveness (that I understood better when I was in Travis' head) is still very much a plus for me. But I still understood Abby's reluctance to be with him, especially once they got to Vegas.

Beautiful Disaster is a comfortable read. You are able to pick up the book and disappear into Abby and Travis' world and ignore your own. Time passes and you barely notice... so much so that I managed to read this in just two sittings. I think I could have finished this in one sitting but I had to sleep .

Although this is essentially the 1st book in the series you don't have to read them in this order. I didn't and it didn't spoil my enjoyment of either book.
Buy your copy here http://amzn.to/12Zu9lg

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.