Tuesday 24 December 2013

Rene Folsom: Christmas For Authors

Shuttered Affections (Cornerstone #1)

After escaping to a college town, Juliana Petersen was determined to put her troubled past behind her and make the most of life.  She was satisfied with her current situation, or so she thought.  It wasn’t until the day her new photography professor stole her parking spot that she realized there was such thing as lust at first sight. Now, she must struggle with the decision to break the rules and fall in love, or step back and let the chance of a lifetime pass her by—all while her past relationships come back to haunt her.

How many men will it take to break Julia’s hold on reality?

Book Links

Kobo / Apple / Smashwords / ARe / Goodreads 


Exposed Affections (Cornerstone #2)

Staring at the hands of two men greedily clutching her legs, Julia is frozen in place—unsure of how she should react to their dual-intimacy. It’s one thing to have her photography professor show an interest in her, but to also have his identical twin making advances puts Julia’s mind into a total state of chaotic confusion.  Is she able to handle the pressure of choosing between two men, who both manage to take her breath away?

In the last week, Julia Peterson’s life has become an emotional roller coaster with breathtaking twists that include breaking all the rules with a certain professor, to gut-wrenching horror as a stalker from her past lurks behind the scenes and threatens her new happiness.  

Despite her attempts to conceal her secrets and keep her friends in the dark, she must learn to cope with the idea that not all secrets are meant to stay hidden. When her haunting past comes at her with a vengeance and life is determined to beat her down, Julia must discover true strength within herself before she is able to open her heart, find who she really is, and learn to love.

Book Links



Juliana “Julia” Kasey Petersen
Age: 22
Birthday: March 21st (turns 23 in second book)
Sex: female
Height: 5’4”
Build: just enough curves, busty
Hair: blond, curly
Eyes: green
College Major: Fine Arts (focusing on Sculpture)
Job: Server at Club H20
Parents: both alive, distant and unsupportive
Siblings: older brother, Daemon who died in car accident when he was 19 (she was 16)
Email address: juleskasey@gmail.com

Interview:

Q: You work in several different mediums with your art.  Is there one that you like more than the others?
A: Of course, clay seems to be what I love the most—not necessarily because I enjoy it more than other mediums, but because it’s a challenge for me.  I have to try very hard and tend to lose myself in my projects.  I can’t tell you how many times I walk into the pottery studio with a clouded mind and a heavy heart, just to immerse myself in my work and come out feeling lighthearted and free.

Q: The Stone brothers seem to give you a feeling of empowerment.  Do you like that?
A: Any woman would love to feel proud and empowered.  I will say that my moods and feelings tend to yo-yo whenever they’re around me.  One minute, I’ll feel such confidence and strength, just to turn around the next minute feeling completely unsure of myself.  They tend to bring all my emotions to the surface, whether I like it or not.

Q: First word that pops into your head when you think of Aiden.
A: Sexy-parking-spot-thief (can that be considered one word? LOL)

Q: First word that pops into your head when you think of Coda.
A: Playful

Q: Is there any other place on your body that you would have gotten your tattoo?
A: Not the same tattoo, no.  My back and shoulders is the only place I would consider my angel tattoo.  The wings carry me through tough times.  I am considering another tattoo though—a heart on my pelvis in memory of… well, you’ll have to read the story to find out.  ;)

Aiden James Stone
Age: 27
Birthday: July 4th
Sex: male
Height: 6’1”
Build: slender, muscular
Hair: light brown with golden highlights at the edges
Eyes: gray
Job: Photography Professor
Parents: dad deceased, mom (Ann) lives in Hendersonville and owns gift shoppe but doesn’t need to work because late husband was wealthy
Siblings: Twin brother, Coda and younger sister (Bri), 23, same color hair, going to college in California
Email Address: ajstone7484@yahoo.com

Interview:

Q: Is there any specific reason that you decided to teach photography?
A: Even at a very young age, I was addicted to taking pictures.  My uncle was a photographer and I always admired how he froze each moment in time—moments we thought were trivial then, but cherish now.  I always knew it would be my life’s mission to capture the beauty that surrounds us each and every day.

Q: Do you like gray because it’s the color of your eyes?
A: To me, gray is a color of strength and power.  The fact my eyes are the color gray is just a bonus.  :)

Q: What’s it like sharing everything with your brother?
A: It makes things easy, actually.  Since we’ve shared our entire lives, we really don’t know any other way.  The fact that we spend every waking, non-working moment together seems to make sharing a natural thing for us.

Q: Do you think that you would have been able to stay away from Julia if she was dating someone else or showed no interest in you?
A: No.  I would have found a way to win her over.  Some people don’t believe in love at first sight, and their skepticism makes complete sense.  You need to know someone in order to “love” them.  However, there is such thing as lust at first sight.  Not necessarily sexual lust, but a craving—a carnal need to learn more about someone you find so excruciatingly captivating.  As soon as I laid eyes on Julia, I was certain I needed to be next to her.  I craved to know her by heart.

Q: Favorite medium?
A: Photography—hands down.  Digital photography seems to be my favorite because I can have the most fun with it.  The possibilities are endless.  But there’s also something to be said for spending time in the darkroom.  The tranquility and peace it brings to one’s soul is overwhelming and sometimes necessary with the high paced world we live in.

Coda Jace Stone
Age: 27
Birthday: July 4th
Sex: male
Height: 6’1”
Build: slender, muscular
Hair: light brown with golden highlights at the edges
Eyes: gray with light flecks of brown
Job: Lawyer
Parents: dad deceased, mom (Ann) lives in Hendersonville and owns gift shoppe but doesn’t need to work because late husband was wealthy
Siblings: Twin brother, Aiden and younger sister (Bri), 23, same color hair, going to college in California
Email Address: coda@stonelaw.net

Interview:

Q: How is the fishing in Miami?
A: The fishing is usually always great down in Miami, especially offshore.  But recently, by buddy Ty took me fishing in the canals up near Cape Canaveral. Night fishing is a bit chilly in March, even for Florida.  But we caught some serious whoppers that night and I can’t wait to go back.  I managed to land a 48” Red Drum in near pitch-darkness.  I felt so invigorated after fighting over 30lbs of fish into the boat, just to turn around and let it go moments later.  It would have been better if Tyson weren’t boohooing over some girl that night.  He’s seriously a buzzkill sometimes.

Q: What tricks did you and Aiden play on your mom and sister when you were growing up?
A: Oh, this is a fun question!  Poor Bri was usually the butt of our stunts and, even though she could tell us apart rather easily, we could still fool her from time to time.  It was easier to mess around with unsuspecting people though. One time we got on a bus wearing identical clothing and mirrored each other’s actions.  The reactions we got from the other bus riders were classic.

Q: Any specific reasons as to why you wanted to be a lawyer?
A: The money.  Ha!  No, seriously, my drive to become a lawyer stemmed from minoring in legal studies.  I realized how much passion I had for the law and justice.  It came easy to me and my grades were ideal for law school.  Passing the bar was a bitch though.

Q: What’s it like sharing everything with your brother?
A: Ahh, Aiden is a total pain in the ass.  He’s such a girl about everything being in just the right spot and wigs out if he can’t find what he’s looking for.  Of course, it’s always my fault.  Heh.  Really, though, we’ve always shared everything.  It’s gotten to the point where we don’t even really notice.

Q: Do you wish you’d met Julia first?
A: There are times where I wish I could have her all to myself for once.  Really, when we’re in public, especially in our hometown, I do get her all to myself because Aiden has to save face and protect his pseudo-relationship with Tanya.  But, there are times where I wish I would have met her earlier, just in hopes that I would be the reason she came into our lives.  However, things have turned out perfectly and I wouldn’t change what I have for anything.


Rene Folsom
Contemporary and Paranormal Romance Author

Follower Links


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.