Saturday 22 February 2014

Danio's Prelude Review

Danio's Prelude by Elizabeth Kirke

Book Synopsis
Danio's Prelude (More than Magic,#0.5)
Hear Danio's story, told by the people who know him best. The ones who knew him when all of his laughter was genuine. The ones who were there through the worst that life could throw at him. And the ones who stayed by his side while he picked up the pieces.
An adult, short story collection, based on the Young Adult series, More than Magic.
Contains strong language, violence, and sex.



Shona's review 5 of 5 stars
I'm a follower of Kirke's Facebook page for the More Than Magic series and so I knew this book was in the making and have been eagerly awaiting it. I mean, its part of an awesome series but it also happens to be about one half of one of my all time favourite couples Whats not to love?.
What I didn't know (until I bought it) is that this book is a collection of short stories, told out of sequence, from other peoples perspective. Now all you Danio fans needn't panic. While we may not get into Danio's head (which is what I was expecting we still get a whole lot of Danio.

The More Than Magic series is definitely Young Adult, this novella is most definitely Adult.. And I loved every single bit of it.
I loved this side to my favourite characters... don't get me wrong I thoroughly enjoyed the MTM series but this gives us a whole lot more.

From start to finish I was torn. I wanted to whizz my way through and devour the book, but at the same time I genuinely wanted to savour it and for the first time in a long time I limited my time with this book and gave it the attention it deserved. I refused to read while the children were around because they have this pesky habit of asking for food and things when I read.. so I found myself at night curled up under my duvet learning about Danio into the wee small hours of the morning.

And there was so much to learn about Danio and his life. Kirke has done an amazing job at filling in some of the blanks in Danios history, revealing some of his secrets (and some of the secrets of his friends) without giving everything away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.